BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
While most companies have a productive safety program and manage it efficiently, often missing is a plan to assist injured employees to return to the workplace.
This process can be lengthy and confusing as it includes working with WCB, third-party insurance providers, or MPI claims.
To aid in this difficult process, MHCA WORKSAFELY® has developed a new course that will help navigate the return-to-work and disability management process.
Designed to provide a comprehensive Disability Management Program (DMP), it will include:
- Describing what a disability management program is, its purposes and why it is required
- A complete Disability Management Policy and program elements
- How to implement a disability management program in your workplace
- Instruction on how to use the policy and forms
- How to manage injured employee claims/files, both work and non-work related
- What steps to take, who to contact and forms that need to be filled out
- How to properly document at each step injury and claims information
- Instruction on claims processing with corporate and government agencies
To register for this course, please contact Kristen at [email protected] or your WORKSAFELY® regional safety advisor.